20100615

First Time For Love, Second Time For Money, Vice Versa?

 
Natalia Vodianova & Ewan McGregor
photographed by Peter Lindbergh for Vogue US 2010

Usually editorials in American magazines aren't my favorite, but this one I LOVE. Firstly, Vodianova & McGregor photograph wonderfully together. Secondly, if you know me, you know every other thought of mine is about marriage & how my family will turn out (crosses fingers to be exactly like the Beckham's) so seeing an editorial with a fashion forward family grabbed my attention right away. Thirdly, Fall fashions are coming & the clothes featured in this editorial by de la Renta, Lauren, & Dior make me giddy with excitement. Fourthly, 1950's inspired fashions--need I say more?! Lastly, the whole editorial tells a story!
The story is about a 1950's marriage that starts off perfect with the two children & all, then takes a turn for the worse when the wife's eye starts to wander. The picture in the kitchen with the wine bottle miiiiiiight be my favorite, & Vodianova looks stunning in Marc Jacobs strapless ball dress. In the end, she took the kids, the $$, and found a new interest. Hmmmm this sounds an awful lot like the Kelis & Nas affair!

No comments: